Saturday, August 29, 2009

Odds and ends

So Tanner's napping and I'm playing catch up and it seems like there's a bunch of stuff I've missed on here lately! Things are going great and we are staying VERY busy these days. Today we've got Josie and Cailyn's Birthday party and tomorrow I have a baby shower to go to. Then we only work 3 days next week and then we get 5 whole days off for Labor day and I am SOOO excited for that!! So far we have a parents as teachers meeting set up, a well baby check for Tanner, family pictures scheduled, my 10 year class reunion, and 3 parties we're going to, so it's looking like it will be tons of fun!! I can't wait!! Hopefully this nice weather sticks around for next week too!


As usual, Tanner has been keeping us very entertained around here, and very busy! His latest discovery is the doggie door! Now he can go outside when ever he wants and he does! Most of the time we go out with him, but sometimes I just stand in the kitchen and watch him play! It's really funny to see what he does when he thinks he's alone! Also, he's really into throwing things in the trash! If he finds paper or a kleenex laying around, he'll pick it up and show us and says "trash?", and we'll say "yes, that's trash", and off he goes to throw it away! The same goes with dishes in the sink! I'm thinking he's going to be a big neat freak like his Dad!


Mike and I are doing good, too! I'm still trying to get to the gym regularly, since I still have about 5 lbs. of baby weight I'd like to get rid of, but hopefully I can get rid of that soon! Works crazy for me right now, but I'm hoping it slows down soon, but we'll have to wait and see. Mike's thrilled that his bowling league started up again yesterday and he gets to bowl with his dad! And there's Bearcat and Chiefs football to watch again! Yay! ;) We're also looking forward to the Fall Classic at Arrowhead in a couple of weeks! It should be a good time!!


Well, here are a few random pics from the last couple weeks. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!


Tanner found some of Mommy's old shoes the other day and had to put them on and wear them around the house! I loved that he grabbed the strings and held on to them while he walked, so the shoes wouldn't fall off!

Any time the shed door is open, Tanner has to go in and play on the riding lawn mower. He then usually suckers his Dad into taking him on a ride on it.


Tanner going through the doggie door!
He took that drink and those animal crackers in and out the doggie door a couple of times and then decided to put them on the spool like Daddy does!



Daddy and Tanner watching stuff out the window! Tanner thinks this is so much fun!

Tanner got a hold of the remote! It's amazing to me what he picks up by just watching us!

No comments:

Post a Comment