Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Even more randomness

So lots of stuff has been going on around here! It's been a little crazy both at home and at work for me, but it's still been pretty fun! This last weekend , Abby, Tim, Mike, and I went on a float trip with about 15 other couples, and it was a bunch of fun! We went down Friday morning, got there around noon, and set up camp. Then we headed down to hang out in the river for the rest of the afternoon, and that's the part I love the most. If it were up to me, that's what we would do all weekend, but everyone else likes to float, so I go float, and this year was pretty fun! We hooked all 17 canoes together and had our own party barge. All in all, it was a good time and then we came back on Sunday. When we got back to Maryville, we unpacked real quick, showered, and headed to Stanberry for the church carnival. It's normally not something I wouldn't take the time to go to, but my grandpa Jensen made a swing YEARS ago, and I remember riding it at the farm when I was little. Now the family doesn't get as much use out of it, but it goes to the carnival every year for the kids to ride and I had to get a picture of Tanner riding the swing his great-grandpa made! Here are a few pics from the weekend!

Mike and I right before the float!

Tanner on Grandpa's swing! Yes, the seats are milk crates and the seat belt is a bungee cord, but it works!

Mommy and Tanner playing "Buried Treasure".

Daddy and Tanner fishin'. Other than the jam packed weekends, things have been the usual craziness. Mike's still working hard, hanging out with the fam, and I've been trying to get to the gym 3 to 5 days a week. Lately, I've been trying to get in some reading like I used to, but it's pretty hard to find the time! Next month Mike's brother, Matthew, is going to start basic training for the Marines, so we're trying to spend some time with him before he goes. But other than that, we're just trying to find family time together whenever we can! Our little man is so much fun, and we love getting to hang out with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment