Things have been a little crazy around here, which is why I haven't got to blog in a while. A couple weeks ago I woke up and let the dogs out and Ozzy didn't come with out with Roscoe and Memphis, so I went looking for him. Long story short, I found him by his cage and he couldn't move his back legs. We took him to the vet and found out he had a slipped disk in his back, and it was putting pressure on his spinal cord. We tried all of our options short of surgery to try to fix it, but nothing was working, and the surgery is very expensive and not guaranteed to work. He wanted to play and run, but he couldn't without rubbing sores on his belly and he couldn't go to the bathroom on his own, so we decided it was best for him to have him put to sleep. For those of you that don't know me, my dogs are my babies and I love them to pieces. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and it still bothers me to think about it, but I have to keep telling myself it was for the best. He was one of the best dogs ever, he was one of those dogs who has never meet a stranger. I will miss him forever, and I hope to have another dog like him some day, but right now two are plenty. It took me a day or two to get feeling better about it, and I've been trying my best to keep myself busy so I don't think about it and cry (like I am right now). I just hope my little guy is running laps somewhere warm and snuggling his little heart out. We buried him in our yard and my mom got me a stone to put down so we will always be reminded of the five years we had with him and the little footprints he left on out hearts. Here are some of my favorite pics of him.



Yep, that one was hard to read. Still haven't come by just cause I don't want to see just 2 doggies barking at the door at me. Whew. I'm very proud of how well you handled it all and I'm sure Ozzy is running and playing now!
ReplyDelete