Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tanner's got tubes!

So we went this morning to get tubes. We got to St. Joe around 6:45, he went in for surgery at 8:00, was out by 8:15, and we got to leave at 9:00, so it's a pretty fast process. Tanner got to pick out a Procedure Pal, so he got a stuffed yellow elephant named P-nut, and he hugged on him a lot while we were waiting, and he played with my cell phone a bunch (he found things I didn't know my phone did!). He got changed into his gown and he was too cute! I forgot my camera, but I took some pics on my phone that I can show people. Then he went with the nurse to surgery, and we went to the waiting room to wait. By 8:15, the Dr. got with us and said he did perfectly and that they found some ear glue (his words, I'm sure there's a more technical term!) in his ears. Basically, it's a thick, sticky substance deep in the ear that doesn't come out without a procedure like this, so they got all of it out and that should help a lot. If it had stayed in there, it would have affected his hearing and slowed his speech development, so I'm already glad we did it!

Then we went to eat at the Waffle House, and then to Target for a few things. Then we rushed back to Maryville so I could go to work at 11:00, while Mike stayed home with Tanner. Then I had a dentist appt. at 3:30 that lasted til 5:00, and when I got home, Mike said "I think Roscoe's sick'! So then I ran him to the vet real fast, and got some stomach meds and some anti inflammatory pills. So I am finally at home and I need to eat some supper and do some laundry, so I better go! Man, I hope the rest of the week isn't this crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment